This post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds
(1) The first wave of thousands of “caravan migrants” has arrived at America’s southern border. Among them were some 350 people who arrived in nine buses in the border city of Tijuana, Mexico. As you can see in the pic below, some of them were carrying the Guatemalan and Mexican flags. (USA Today)
(2) Wonder of wonders, LGBT freaks are the first to reach the Tijuana border! (Washington Post)
(3) The Trump administration is hardening the Tijuana border in preparation for the invasion. Customs and Border Protection announced it was closing four lanes at the busy San Ysidro and Otay Mesa ports of entry in San Diego, California so as “to install and pre-position port hardening infrastructure equipment in preparation for the migrant caravan and the potential safety and security risk that it could cause.” However, 23 lanes remain open at San Ysidro and 12 at Otay Mesa. San Ysidro is the border’s busiest crossing, with about 110,000 people entering the U.S. every day. (AP)
(4) Tijuana mayor and residents reject the “caravan migrants”:
Sorry. No data so far.
Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum correctly calls them invaders — whom the U.S. Hate America Media (HAM) call “migrants” and “caravans” — a “horde,” an “avalanche” and a “tsunami.”
On Sunday, Tijuana residents waved Mexican flags, sang the Mexican national anthem and chanted “Out! Out!” in front of a statue of the Aztec ruler Cuauhtemoc, 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the U.S. border. They called the migrants messy, ungrateful, “a danger” to their city, and an “invasion”, and voiced worries that their taxes might be spent to care for the invaders.
There were public clashes between Tijuana residents and the Central American “migrants”. At least three people were injured, all of whom were journalists. (New York Post)
In the past week, Tijuana officials have arrested three dozen “caravan” members for drug possession, public intoxication, disturbing the peace and resisting police, and said they would be deported to their home countries.
(5) On November 8, 2018, invoking the President’s national security powers to protect the United States against threats from abroad, the Trump administration announced new immigration rules giving President Trump new authority to deny asylum to “migrants” who illegally cross the border. No one could apply for asylum except at an official border entry point.
On November 19, however, U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar in San Francisco, an Obama appointee, put the administration’s asylum policy on hold. Tigar ruled that President Trump “may not rewrite the immigration laws to impose a condition that Congress has expressly forbidden.” Tigar’s order will remain in effect until Dec. 19, when the court will consider arguments for a permanent ban. (Politico)
In 2015, in a first-of-its-kind ruling for the state of California, Tigar ruled that the state must pay for an inmate’s gender realignment surgery because denying “her” that surgery violates “her” constitutional rights.
So President Trump threatened to close America’s entire southern border for an undisclosed period of time if his administration determines that Mexico has lost “control” on its side. He said that if U.S. officials “find that it’s uncontrollable, if we find that it gets to a level where we are going to lose control or where people are going to start getting hurt, we will close entry into the country for a period of time until we can get it under control. The whole border. We’re either going to have a border or we’re not.” (Foxnews)
(6) President Trump also said he has given the thousands of active-duty troops sent to the border the “OK” to use lethal force against illegal border-crossers “if they have to.”
Citing DHS Secretary Nielsen who had said there are as many as 500 criminals and gang members in the “caravan” heading northward, Trump said there are “fistfights all over the streets” in Tijuana, Mexico, and that “these are not like normal, innocent people. These are people you talk to them and they start a fistfight. I don’t want that in this country.”
Indeed, the Military Times reports that on Tuesday, November 20, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly signed a “Cabinet order” expanding the authority of troops at the border to include “a show or use of force (including lethal force, where necessary), crowd control, temporary detention, and cursory search” in order to protect border agents.
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!