This post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds
The Title X Family Planning Program, aka Public Law 91-572 or “Population Research and Voluntary Family Planning Programs”, was enacted under President Richard Nixon in 1970 as part of the Public Health Service Act.
Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing “low-income” or uninsured people (including those who are not eligible for Medicaid) with birth control, pregnancy tests, cancer screenings and other health care services at reduced or no cost. Supposedly, Title X’s purpose is the promotion of healthy families by enabling individuals to decide the number and spacing of their children.
In FY2010, Congress appropriated around $317 million for Title X, all paid for by taxpayers, 25% of which ($79.25 million) went to Planned Parenthood clinics.
Although Planned Parenthood (PP) is prohibited from using Title X money to perform abortions, Title X indirectly funds PP’s abortions by freeing America’s largest abortion provider from spending its funds on non-abortion purposes.
One of President Trump’s campaign promises was to end U.S. taxpayer funding of abortion.
To that end, in May of this year, President Trump issued a new policy to deny Title X funds to “family-planning” facilities like Planned Parenthood that mention abortion to patients, provide abortion referrals, or share space with abortion providers. Pro-aborts call the new policy a “domestic gag rule”.
In June, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals allowed the policy to be implemented, which led to the withdrawal of Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities from the Title X program. In so doing, the abortion providers forfeited some $60 million, that is how determined they are on killing unborn and newly-born humans (“post-birth” abortions).
In a new report, the pro-abort organization Power to Decide laments that across America, an “alarming number” of “health centers”, i.e., abortion clinics, are “impacted” by the new policy, including:
- 876 abortion clinics have lost Title X taxpayer funding.
- 17 Title X grantees have exited the Title X program, representing nearly 20% of all grantees.
- Planned Parenthood, which previously served over 40% of all Title X patients, has exited the Title X program entirely, as have all Title X grantees in five states—ME, OR, UT, WA, and VT.
- 15 states are losing all or some of their Title X funding.
- 600,000 Mexicans erupt in massive public march to stop abortion genocide, LGBT indoctrination assault on their children
- Pro-Abortion Mob Attempts to Burn Down Catholic Church In Mexico City
- 2000+ Fetal Remains Found on Abortion Doctor’s Property
- Yes, Planned Parenthood harvests body parts from LIVING human babies, meaning all abortion advocates really do support extreme cruelty and murder of conscious babies
- Missouri Just Finalized Plan to Become First State Without a Functioning Abortion Clinic in 35 years
- Dr. Ben Carson: Yes, babies feel excruciating pain when they are being ripped apart during “barbaric” abortions
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!