Come on. It’s easy. In her own words, you just rent it. And somebody else pays for it.
“I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real,” Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said to The New York Times this week. “We’re kind of just dealing with the logistics of it day by day, but I’ve really been just kind of squirreling away and then hoping that gets me to January.”
There are many little ways in which our electoral system isn’t even designed (nor prepared) for working-class people to lead.
Her salary doesn’t kick in for 3 months?
If only there were some sort of financial mechanism that would advance you money before you get paid $174,000.
Socialists are very unfamiliar with the financial system.
1. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn’t working class. She’s an obnoxious hipster and the daughter of an architect who grew up in Westchester.
2. Intelligent adults prepare for stuff like this. Cortez beat Crowley in June. At that point, she knew that she was going to D.C. What was the plan then?
This woman claims to have all the answers to our economy, yet only began thinking about an apartment now? This is socialism in a nutshell. She’s talking about this in public because she’s looking for someone else to do it for her.
Sorry. No data so far.
3. Washington D.C. apartments are expensive. But New York City is often more expensive. There are cheaper apartments available if Cortez is willing to live in a “working class” neighborhood. D.C.’s equivalent of the Bronx. Should be no problem for a “girl from the Bronx”. But quite a problem for a girl from Westchester.
4. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a dimwit and a grifter. It’s a bad combination. That’s why she’s announcing this now.
5. She’s moving to Washington D.C. with her boyfriend. Will he be working? If the two of them can’t figure out how to live in Washington D.C. on her salary of $174,000 and whatever he’s making it, they should move to Cuba and live under real socialism.
Courtesy of Freedom Outpost
Article posted with permission from Daniel Greenfield
My name is Daniel Greenfield. I am a blogger and columnist born in Israel and living in New York City. I am a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center and a contributing editor at Family Security Matters. My original biweekly column appears at Front Page Magazine and my blog articles regularly appear at Family Security Matters, the Jewish Press, Times of Israel, Act for America and Right Side News, as well as daily at the Canada Free Press and a number of other outlets. I have a column titled Western Front at Israel National News and my op eds have also appeared in the New York Sun, the Jewish Press and at FOX Nation.
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!