Beto O’Rourke said he thinks that religious institutions should be stripped of their tax-exempt status if they oppose homosexuality.
While at a CNN candidate forum about gay and transgender issues, moderator Don Lemon asked the 47-year-old former congressman whether he supported revoking the tax-exempt status for religious institutions such as churches, colleges, and charities if they don’t support gay marriage.
“Yes,” O’Rourke responded, to much applause.
“There can be no reward, no benefit, no tax break, for anyone or any institution, any organization in America that denies the full human rights and the full civil rights of every single one of us,” O’Rourke said. “And so, as president, we’re going to make that a priority, and we are going to stop those who are infringing upon the human rights of our fellow Americans.”
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
Democratic Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey was asked a similar question earlier during the four-hour candidate forum but dodged the question.
O’Rourke’s focus seemed to be on Christian churches, but other religions such as Judaism and Islam are also opposed to homosexuality. With Islam being the most violently opposed condemning homosexuals to hanging or being thrown from rooftops.
Sean Walton is a researcher and journalist for The Daily Sheeple. Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2020 Democrat candidate Beto O’Rourke fantasized about killing little children with his car
- Watch: Beto at Democrat debate: ‘Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15’
- Beto O’Rourke promises to prosecute Trump if he wins in 2020
- Beto says we have just 10 years remaining to save the planet from “climate change”
- Beto goes full communist, threatens to break apart U.S. wealth
- Despite Mueller Report, Beto O’Rourke claims Trump colluded with Russia ‘beyond the shadow of a doubt’
- Reuters buried damaging information about Beto O’Rourke during Senate race against Ted Cruz
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!