Last week we noted an in-depth report by Bloomberg on how a 61-year-old Korean ‘typhoid Mary‘ spread coronavirus throughout her doomsday religious cult after praying with at least a thousand other adherents.
“What made this case so much worse was that this person spent a considerable amount of time in a very crowded area,” said Seoul National University professor of health policy, Kim Chang-yup. “There’s growing fear and resentment among the people right now.”
As a result, over 1,900 members of the Shincheonji Church have been screened for coronavirus, of which 1,551 – or 81%, tested positive according to the BBC‘s Laura Bicker.
Put another way:
Out of a population of 1,900
1,300 were symptomatic
420 tested positive but asymptomatic
1,131 tested positive and symptomatic
= 1,551 infections out of 1,900 = 81%
— Jay Reynolds (@jaycreynolds) February 29, 2020
Of note, because the church’s leader (who believes he’s an immortal prophet sent by Jesus Christ) preaches about the end-of-days, followers have been accused of purposefully spreading the disease – however those reports are unconfirmed and there is no evidence to suggest this is occurring.
What is known is that the church held religious gatherings in the Chinese city of Wuhan – the epicenter of the current outbreak.
In short, expect similar results – assuming reports of purposeful infection are false – at similar places of worship around the world.
Courtesy of Zero Hedge
- As Coronavirus Rips Through Italy, Let’s Revisit The “Political Correctness” That May Have Helped Speed it Along
- MULTIPLE community outbreaks tracking in California as coronavirus set to explode across USA beginning next week
- Fear and outrage rise following report that northern California coronavirus patient was not tested for 11 DAYS, thanks to the CDC
- Coronavirus weekend update: Mexico confirms infection, stocks puke, U.S. labs to finally begin testing Americans next week after 3-week CDC delay
- Orange County declares state of emergency; Los Angeles flight attendant tests positive for the coronavirus
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!