Natural News) Eight production plants in North America where Ford vehicles are manufactured have shut down operations due to an alleged shortage of semiconductor chips, which is said to be affecting the entire automobile industry.
Production of the F-150 pickup truck, Mustang, Escape crossover, and Bronco Sport SUV will all temporarily cease at least through June as the company awaits shipment of parts needed to make the vehicles fully operational.
“Our teams continue making the most of our available semiconductor allocation and will continue finding unique solutions to provide as many high-quality vehicles as possible to our dealers and customers,” Ford said in an emailed statement.
The shutdown came just one day after fake “president” Joe Biden visited a Ford production facility near Dearborn, Mich., voicing support for more domestic chip production to ensure that the current shortage does not happen again.
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
Hunter’s dad also visited a new production plant where the upcoming electric F-150 will be manufactured beginning next year. It is connected to Ford’s Dearborn Truck Plant, which is one of two facilities where the full-size F-150 is built.
The following production plants are also having to be shuttered due to the chip shortage:
• The Chicago Assembly Plant in Illinois, which will close down the week of May 31 and operate on a reduced schedule through June 7
• The Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan, which will also be closed between the weeks of May 31 and June 7
• The Dearborn Truck Plant in Michigan and the Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri truck line, both of which will be closed during the same time period while operating on a reduced schedule the week of June 14
• The Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico, which will be closed between the weeks of June 21 and June 28
• The Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky, which will close starting the week of May 31 through mid-July, this including an already-scheduled summer shutdown period
• The Oakville Assembly Complex in Canada, which will close between the weeks of May 31 and June 28
• The Ohio Assembly Plant, which will only produce Super Duty Chassis cabs and Medium Duty trucks the weeks of May 31, June 7, and June 14
Ford expects 50 percent decrease in second-quarter production in 2021
As you may recall from last year, Ford converted one of its production facilities due to the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19).
Instead of manufacturing car seat ventilation fans, Ford decided to partner with 3M to create “air-purifying” respirators for patients who tested positive for the Chinese Virus and needed hospital care. We now know that respirators in general were causing more harm than good for Wuhan Flu patients, which is why we rarely hear about respirators anymore.
The more recent announcement about plant closures is expected to result in a 50 percent decline in Ford’s second-quarter production schedule, up from 17 percent in the last quarter.
CEO Jim Farley warned investors that the shift will reduce company earnings by about $2.5 billion in 2021, which is the high end of its previous guidance for the year.
“This story stinks. Wouldn’t production of ALL vehicles be required to be halted?” asked one commenter at Blacklisted News. “All vehicles utilize nearly the same number of the same chips.”
“GM and Ford have almost no production of automobiles and this is for a predetermined reason,” wrote another, adding to the potential conspiracy. “Chip production is at an all-time high for IoT and IoS (Internet of Things and Internet of Senses). Other makers are having no problems.”
“This set up is as idiotic as the banksters which lend money at cheap rates, then over production, then raise interest rates and tighten money and everyone goes broke with the banksters cleaning up i.e. Harriman and Union Pacific are just 1 example of millions.”
More of the latest news about the faltering American economy under Biden can be found at Collapse.news.
Sources for this article include:
Dean is Back!!!
After two years I have regained my eyesight and I'm back to rejoin the fight.
I have overcome my health issues thanks to prayers, perseverance and GOD!
But my finances are in bad shape and I need help to get my children back (wife kicked me out).
If you can help financially please click here. If money is tight, I'd still welcome prayers. Please.
Thank YOU and God Bless!
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!