I still think there is much more in than meets the eye in the Botham Jean murder case in which former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger was found guilty. On Friday, a key witness against Guyger, Jean’s neighbor, was found shot multiple times and later died at the hospital.
Consider that the Dallas police tried to smear Botham Jean after his death with a tiny piece of marijuana. Consider that there were huge problems in their failure to fire or arrest one of their own, Amber Guyger. Additionally, they failed to even search her apartment.
- After Smearing Botham Jean, Police Now Refuse to Release 911 Call Made by His Killer
- ‘Very Fast to Shoot’: 911 Call After Officer Amber Guyger Killed Botham Jean Has Been Leaked
- Dallas Chief Says She Can’t Fire Amber Guyger for Killing Botham Jean – Dept Rules Imply Otherwise
The Dallas News reports:
Joshua Brown, a neighbor of Botham Jean’s and Guyger at the South Side Flats apartments, was slain about 10:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.
Brown, 28, lived across the hall from Jean and testified about the night he was killed.
A preliminary investigation shows Brown was shot in the back and thigh, a government official said on condition of anonymity.
“The complainant was found lying on the ground in the apartment parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds,” the police said. “Dallas Fire-Rescue responded and transported the complainant to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries. Several witnesses heard several gunshots and observed a silver four-door sedan leaving the parking lot at a high rate of speed.”
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
The Dallas News goes on to report:
On the night of Sept. 6, 2018, Brown was in the hallway on the fourth floor of the Cedars apartment building, where he and Jean lived, when he heard what he thought sounded like “two people meeting by surprise.”
He testified that he couldn’t make out what they were saying and they were speaking at the same time. And then he heard two gunshots.
Sorry. No data so far.
Brown’s own mother was devastated at the news of the murder of her son.
I just spoke with Joshua Browns mother. She is devastated. We all are. Joshua Brown was key witness in the murder of Botham Jean that helped put Amber Guyger away. We need answers. pic.twitter.com/5BCdkVXoQ4
— S. Lee Merritt, Esq. (@MeritLaw) October 5, 2019
That’s not all.
Dallas County prosecutor Jason Hermus, the lead prosecutor in the Guyger case, said that Brown came forward when others remained silent.
“He bravely came forward to testify when others wouldn’t, ” Hermus said. “If we had more people like him, we would have a better world.”
Lee Merritt, a civil rights attorney who represents the Jean family, wrote on Facebook, “Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence. Brown deserves the same justice he sought to ensure the Jean family.”
Brown’s death “underscores the reality of the black experience in America,” Merritt said.
Merritt also said the shooting “seems very personal.”
Mr. Merritt indicated that Brown had no known enemies and that he was not involved in any questionable activities.
- Blue Privilege: Amber Guyger Free on Bail as Activists Who Peacefully Protested Her Rot in Jail
- ‘Let Me In’: Witnesses Dispute Official Story of Cop Who Entered Wrong Home and Killed Innocent Man
- Dallas Police Officer Finally Arrested After Entering Wrong Apartment & Killing Man
- Texas: Former Police Officer Amber Guyger Guilty Of Murdering Botham Jean – Faces Life In Prison
“He made his money from Airbnb,” he said. “He wasn’t involved in any gangs. All the usual suspects were kind of counted out.”
According to Fox 6, “Brown had no identification on him, so police couldn’t identify him until the medical examiner made a positive ID and notified the next of kin. There is no suspect information at this time, police said.”
This, along with the unjust sentence of just 10 years in prison for Guyger angered much of the family of Botham Jean, but his brother gave Guyger a hug and told her he forgave her.
Courtesy of The Washington Standard
Tim Brown is an author and Editor at FreedomOutpost.com, SonsOfLibertyMedia.com, GunsInTheNews.com and TheWashingtonStandard.com. He is husband to his “more precious than rubies” wife, father of 10 “mighty arrows”, jack of all trades, Christian and lover of liberty. He resides in the U.S. occupied Great State of South Carolina. . Follow Tim on Twitter. Also check him out on Gab, Minds, MeWe, Spreely, Mumbl It and Steemit
More Crooked Cops…
- WATCH: City Commissioner Hijacks Cop’s Award Ceremony to Call Him Out for Being Corrupt
- Florida Cop Threatens to Carry Out Mass Shooting, Not “Red Flagged” and Not Arrested
- Oklahoma Cop Arrested With Gloves, Knife, and Zip Ties While On His Way to Meet a 14-Year-Old Girl
- Pedophile Cop Admits to Running Child Porn Network That Included Babies
- WATCH: Cops Kill Unarmed Man Over Stop for Improper Bicycle Light, Turn Off Body Cams as He Dies
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!