Just weeks after Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) was busted for campaign finance violations and using campaign money to pay her attorneys, the same representative that called for an investigation into that criminal activity has followed up and called for a federal ethics probe into her affairs while being in Congress.
Republican Rep. Steve Drazkowski (R-Mazeppa), a critic of Omar, called for a federal ethics probe into Omar following the revelation of her unlawful use of funds and filing fraudulent tax returns.
Omar has found herself in controversy over her personal life as well as state campaign finance violations. She has admitted to the campaign finance violations and has agreed to pay back over $3,000.
Drazkowski held a press conference Tuesday alleging that she may have committed various forms of fraud as well as perjury.
Drazkowski called on Rep. Angie Craig, a colleague of Omar’s, to call for an ethics investigation in Congress in a letter/press release.
“Rep. Omar has been found guilty of campaign finance abuses by the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board (CFB), which is expected to take further action against her on Wednesday,” Rep. Drazkowski said. “In addition to previous campaign finance abuses, Rep. Omar was found on June 6, 2019 to have illegally used campaign funds for personal use and illegally diverting campaign funds for travel to Washington, Boston, New York, Chicago, and Florida. Rep. Omar may be guilty of federal tax fraud, federal immigration fraud, federal student loan fraud, perjury, and bigamy. Enough is enough.”
“The media is applying a double standard to Rep. Omar,” Rep. Drazkowski continued. “If a Republican Congresswoman had been accused of all these crimes, reporters would be in an uproar.”
“Rep. Omar is a serial criminal, and our national security is at stake,” Rep. Drazkowski said. “It is time to yank her access to America’s highest levels of security access and briefings. Minnesota deserves better, and America demands more.”
Drazkowski pointed to several things that need to be investigated.
- TAX FRAUD: On June 6, the CFB discovered that Rep. Omar had filed joint federal tax returns in 2014 and 2015 with Ahmed Hirsi, a person who she was not married to in 2014 or 2015. Probable cause exists today and this is a violation of both federal and state law. From 2009-2017, Rep Omar was married to Ahmed Elmi.
IMMIGRATION FRAUD: Although she has them in her possession, Rep. Omar has refused to turn over her immigration records. Speculation abounds that Rep. Omar may have married Ahmed Elmi in order to commit immigration fraud.
- STUDENT LOAN FRAUD: Address records and court records indicate that Rep. Omar lived with both Ahmed Hirsi and Ahmed Elmi while Rep. Omar and Ahmed Elmi attended North Dakota State University. She may have married Ahmed Elmi in order to commit student aid fraud by avoiding the inclusion of the income and assets of her parents in the aid qualification formula.
- PERJURY: In her divorce papers seeking service on Ahmed Elmi on August 2, 2017, Rep. Omar repeatedly stated under penalty of perjury that she had not had contact with him since June, 2011 and that his last known location was in London in 2011. Yet a photo posted by Elmi on June 12, 2012 shows him holding her newborn baby at the hospital in Minneapolis. Court documents on July 31, 2012 show that Elmi personally accepted his eviction notice from his Minneapolis apartment. This was within ten blocks of Rep. Omar’s residence.
- BIGAMY: Under Minnesota law, bigamy is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. If Rep. Omar claimed joint status in 2014 and 2015 with Mr. Hirsi, then she may face state charges due to her concurrent marriage to Mr. Elmi from 2009-2017.
- KICK-BACKS: On July 31, 2018, Rep. Omar returned $2,500 in speaking fees from two Minnesota community colleges whose budgets she oversaw and approved as a member of the Higher Education Committee of the Minnesota House of Representatives. These pay-backs were not disclosed until after the prospect of Minnesota House ethics charges against her were discussed while she ran for Congress last summer. The payments were a clear violation of House Rules.
- DIVERSION OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS: “On June 6, the CFB found that Rep. Omar had repeatedly used campaign donations to pay for jaunts to Washington, Boston, New York, Chicago, and Florida to boost her national profile,” Rep. Drazkowski said. “She was ordered to repay those funds.”
- PERSONAL PROFITEERING: On June 6, the CFB also found that she had used $1,500 of campaign donations to pay for tax preparation services, benefitting her personally. The Board ordered her to pay back the $1,500 for those services.
“Rep. Omar also covered up personal financial information that she is required by law to disclose, delaying the disclosure of evidence of direct violations of MN House Rules until after she had won the DFL endorsement for US Congress,” Rep. Drazkowski said. “This could have been the deciding factor in her eventual victory in her congressional bid and certainly prevented her from being held accountable by the Minnesota House Ethics Committee.”
“If we are going to respect our national security and the rule of law, we need the truth and justice to prevail,” Rep. Drazkowski concluded.
He is asking Craig because she is his Congresswoman.
However, Craig is not on the Ethics Committee. Rather, she is on the Agriculture, Transportation and Small Business Committees.
Drazkowski said, “The people of Minnesota and the people of America can find answers to what appears to be a sham marriage.”
Of course, Omar isn’t commenting. She is in basically the denial mode that the usurper, Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Sobarkah, was and claims that if she doesn’t talk, then she doesn’t give any credibility to the charges against her.
As for Craig, she claims, “This letter is a political stunt. The people I talk to want me to focus on reducing the price of healthcare and prescription drugs, and that’s exactly what I’m doing.”
Sadly, Craig has apparently forgotten her oath of office and adherence to the Constitution to uphold it, which doesn’t include reducing the price of healthcare and prescription drugs.
While a local CBS affiliate claims that there are “unsubstantiated reports” that Omar married her brother, Ahmed Elmi, and that was used to commit immigration fraud, the reality is that there is a plethora of evidence to that claim.
Here’s just a few examples:
- Records Support Claims That Minnesota Muslima State Rep Ilhan Omar Married Her Brother
- Evidence On Ilhan Omar’s Sister’s Website Indicates Ilhan Omar Lied Oath About Brother She Married
- Address Records Show Rep. Ilhan Omar Still Lived With Her First Husband Throughout Marriage To Her Apparent Brother
- Ilhan Omar Confronted In DC On Her Gross, Criminal Brother-Husband Situation – Watch Her Reaction
- Jihad-Rep. Ilhan Omar Becomes Subject Of Immigration Fraud Lawsuit
- Is North Dakota State University Covering Up Student Immigration Fraud Facilitated By Ilhan Omar?
- Minnesota Muslim Congressional Candidate Ilhan Omar Swore To Apparent Falsehoods In Court, While Divorcing Her Brother
- Antisemitic, Muslim, Minnesota Democratic Representative Ilhan Omar Faces Fraud, Bigamy Charges with Her Own Brother
Even the Minneapolis Star & Tribune had to admit this is pretty serious.
Let’s see what comes of this now that first blood has been drawn.
Article posted with permission from Sons Of Liberty Media
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!