Toy maker Mattel has announced it is launching a new line of “gender neutral” dolls, prompting some critics to accuse the company of trying to socially engineer children.
“Kids can customize the new dolls with long or short hair, pants or skirts, or both. The dolls come in six different skin tones,” reports Fox Business.
Kim Culmone, senior vice president of Mattel Fashion Doll Design, said the dolls were being released because “kids don’t want their toys dictated by gender norms.”
“Toys are a reflection of culture and as the world continues to celebrate the positive impact of inclusivity, we felt it was time to create a doll line free of labels,” she said.
— Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) September 25, 2019
An ad for the new product featured a boy with purple hair and one who was wearing an earring.
Some respondents accused the company of trying to socially engineer kids, contributing to making them confused about gender.
Sorry. No data so far.
“This is all about social engineering,” commented Robbie Starbuck. “If @Mattel wanted to make a doll without defined private parts, totally fine, its been done many times and gives kids options. That’s not what’s going on here. This is social engineering masquerading as a toy.”
One wonders how successful the new line will be.
“Get woke, go broke” is a common refrain, but the amount of free advertising any company enjoys by pandering to identity politics is usually substantial.
Courtesy of Prison Planet
My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.
Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.
- From The First Bush Presidency, 9-11, Barack Obama, To Gender Confusion, Decades Of Destruction Of America from Within
- Cincinnati, Ohio: 6th Grader Ripped from Class for Pointing Out Gender-Confused Boy “Is A Boy”
- Distraught Dad Explains How a public school brainwashed his autistic daughter into becoming “transgender”
- Vermont Poised to Let Kids, Not Parents, Make Gender Decisions
- Heterosexuals Who Reject Dating Transgenders Now Dubbed “Transprejudice” – Re-Education To Follow
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!