It’s no secret that newly-elected Democrat Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is about as radical as a leftist can get. On Tuesday, she tweeted support for a laundry list of radical ideas, which included reparations, legalized marijuana and student loan cancellation.
She also tweeted support for her so-called “Green New Deal,” a proposal to destroy the U.S. economy for an entire generation of Americans.
“A few social media ideas for public servants looking to build an audience: – Endorse Single-Payer Medicare for All – Hold Wall Street Accountable – Make Min Wage = Living Wage – Cancel Puerto Rican Debt – End For-Profit Prisons & ICE Detention – Fight for a
#GreenNewDeal,” she said on Twitter.
She followed that up with this: “A few more ways to gain traction: – Support a Federal Jobs Guarantee – Bailout Student Debt – Legalize Marijuana & Explore Reparations, Baby Bonds…”
A few more ways to gain traction:
– Support a Federal Jobs Guarantee
– Bailout Student Debt
– Legalize Marijuana & Explore Reparations, Baby Bonds
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 2, 2019
The response on Twitter was pretty much what you’d expect. There was a lot of support, but a number of Twitter users took Ocasio-Cortez to task for her irresponsible pie-in-the-sky suggestions.
you are irresponsible.
— Gary Piligian (@GaryPiligian) January 2, 2019
And don't forget free transportation. Free electricity. How am I supposed to stay cool/warm ?
— vittorio 😏 (@cryptovitto) January 2, 2019
Please don’t give her any more ideas…
Don’t forget free @Tesla automobiles
— Bret Rogers (@BretRogers0923) January 2, 2019
Free Tesla automobiles? Hmmm…
You can’t make this up. Don’t forget to add free recess twice a day
— rm (@rmrm1387) January 2, 2019
One person observed:
A federal jobs guarantee already exists. It's called the US Army.
— Victor The Cleaner (@VictorCleaner) January 2, 2019
One person summarized her tweets perfectly:
Free stuff and pot. K
— ıllıllı 𝕍𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 ıllıllı (@slatermaus) January 2, 2019
“Free stuff and pot.” That pretty much sums it all up. Of course, it’s all on the backs of taxpayers… But that really doesn’t matter to socialists like Ocasio-Cortez or her followers.
One person added:
This has to be a parody account.
— NotVinnyCerrato (@95hoo) January 2, 2019
Sadly, it’s not. Although we sometimes wish it were.
- Democrat Socialist Ocasio-Cortez violates federal judge’s order, blocks Twitter users with different viewpoint
- Abuse of power: Democrat Socialist Ocasio-Cortez threatens retaliation against Trump Jr. over meme
- Socialist Ocasio-Cortez reveals inner Communist dictator, suggests banning tax cut supporters from healthcare debate
- Democrat Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez melts down after caught in lie about being from the Bronx
- Video: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Shows What Happens To Your Brain On Socialism
Courtesy of Conservative Firing Line