Many residents of leftist-controlled states grow more and more frustrated with the policies they are governed by.
Now, some Oregon residents have had enough and are petitioning to become part of “Greater Idaho.”
The plan also includes part of Northern California.
Here’s more from USA Today:
The movement secured initial approval from two counties and aims to get enough signatures to put the proposal on ballots in November, according to the group called Greater Idaho.
If the group succeeds, voters in southeast Oregon may see a question on whether their county should become part of Idaho by redrawing the border.
“Rural counties have become increasingly outraged by laws coming out of the Oregon Legislature that threaten our livelihoods, our industries, our wallet, our gun rights, and our values,” Mike McCarter, one of the chief petitioners, said in a news release. “We tried voting those legislators out, but rural Oregon is outnumbered and our voices are now ignored. This is our last resort.”
Democrats control the governor’s office and state Legislature. Last year, Senate Republicans left the capital to protest a bill on greenhouse gas emissions.
Valerie Gottschalk, a chief petitioner, said she hopes the proposal will gain traction like the petition to recall Gov. Kate Brown did last summer, though proponents did not collect the 280,000 signatures for a recall election.
Greater Idaho said it needs to collect about 2,400 signatures from Josephine County and about 3,000 from Douglas County to appear on the ballot.
take our poll - story continues below
— Deni Hawkins (@DeniHawkinsKBOI) February 18, 2020
Read the group’s full proposal below.
Oregon is a mess.
Governor Kate Brown actually sent police after the Republicans who skipped out on a climate vote last year.
- Sweet Victory! AWOL Oregon Republicans WIN Climate Change Standoff
- Oregon: Militia Steps In After Liberal Governor Threatens To Arrest Republican Lawmakers
- Oregon Issues Arrest Warrants For Multiple GOP Senators
- Oregon Governor sends State Police to arrest Senate Republicans. One senator’s response: “…come heavily armed”
- Oregon: Republicans Leave State to Avoid Climate Change Vote — Governor Sends Police to Arrest Them
In the end the Republican lawmakers were victorious because there wasn’t enough of a majority to pass the resolution without Republican votes.
So all of the drama was really for nothing.
But when a Democrat Governor sends armed police after lawmakers who are skipping a vote, it is certainly enough drama to make people want to leave en masse.
To be clear, it is not the liberal nutjobs who are driving this secession attempt.
Those who would like to leave would likely be glad to leave them to their own demise.
- Oregon: Parents Sue School District over Teacher Counseling 8 Year Old Son on Gender Identity Without Their Knowledge
- Ghoulish Oregon law allows doctors to starve & dehydrate mentally-incapacitated patients to death
- Oregon Democrats push new bill to OUTLAW self-defense
- Oregon: SB 56 would mandate government surveillance of your newborn baby in your own home
- Oregon’s New Red Flag Law: State Confiscates Nearly 50 Gun Owners’ Guns
Sounds like hell to me.
What about you?
Good luck Oregon conservatives!
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!