“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
If this is not the definition of treason, I don’t know what is. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has just re-appointed Rep. Eric Swalwell (CA) to the House Committee on Homeland Security despite his involvement with a Chinese honeypot spy.
Here’s Pelosi’s statement.
WASHINGTON, DC – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has re-appointed Rep. Eric Swalwell (CA-15) to the House Committee on Homeland Security, on which he served in the 113th Congress.
Swalwell intends to continue serving on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where he has chaired the Intelligence Modernization and Readiness Subcommittee, as well as on the House Judiciary Committee. He also co-chairs the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee.
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
We previously reported on the spy and Swalwell.
A Chinese spy operating in the Bay Area during the Obama administration got so close to Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) that the FBI had to intervene and provide him with a defensive briefing.
The Chinese spy bundled campaign contributions for California Rep. Eric Swalwell and planted an intern in the Democrat’s congressional office, according to a new report.
“Campaign fundraising, extensive networking, personal charisma, and romantic or sexual relationships.”
At the time, many were calling for this traitor to be removed or step down. Didn’t happen. He simply got promoted, again.
Shown here: Eric Swalwell posing for a picture with his Chinese communist spy girlfriend. He needs to step down from House Intel until we find out what kind of blackmail material the Chinese communists have on him. pic.twitter.com/DQY5JLk91P
— Arthur Schwartz (@ArthurSchwartz) December 8, 2020
Great reporting by @axios.
Eric Swalwell should not serve on the House Intel Committee. https://t.co/2q6vTJhM0T
— Alyssa Farah (@Alyssafarah) December 8, 2020
The "Russian Collusion" conspiracy Eric Swalwell pushed without evidence for years, certainly benefited China.
It was used to attack the one leader who wasn't owned by them.
Not to mention the country was focused on a once but now waning superpower instead of the threat, China. https://t.co/fQu7keL82y
— Rich "The People's Pundit" Baris (@Peoples_Pundit) December 8, 2020
Axios reported at the time:
Why it matters: The alleged operation offers a rare window into how Beijing has tried to gain access to and influence U.S. political circles.
- While this suspected operative’s activities appear to have ended during the Obama administration, concerns about Beijing’s influence operations have spanned President Trump’s time in office and will continue to be a core focus for U.S. counterintelligence during the Biden administration.
The woman at the center of the operation, a Chinese national named Fang Fang or Christine Fang, targeted up-and-coming local politicians in the Bay Area and across the country who had the potential to make it big on the national stage.
- Through campaign fundraising, extensive networking, personal charisma, and romantic or sexual relationships with at least two Midwestern mayors, Fang was able to gain proximity to political power, according to current and former U.S. intelligence officials and one former elected official.
- Even though U.S. officials do not believe Fang received or passed on classified information, the case “was a big deal, because there were some really, really sensitive people that were caught up” in the intelligence network, a current senior U.S. intelligence official said.
- Private but unclassified information about government officials — such as their habits, preferences, schedules, social networks, and even rumors about them — is a form of political intelligence. Collecting such information is a key part of what foreign intelligence agencies do.
Among the most significant targets of Fang’s efforts was Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.).
- Fang took part in fundraising activity for Swalwell’s 2014 re-election campaign, according to a Bay Area political operative and a current U.S. intelligence official. Swalwell’s office was directly aware of these activities on its behalf, the political operative said. That same political operative, who witnessed Fang fundraising on Swalwell’s behalf, found no evidence of illegal contributions.
- Federal Election Commission records don’t indicate Fang herself made donations, which are prohibited from foreign nationals.
- Fang helped place at least one intern in Swalwell’s office, according to those same two people, and interacted with Swalwell at multiple events over the course of several years.
Article posted with permission from Sons of Liberty Media
Dean is Back!!!
After two years I have regained my eyesight and I'm back to rejoin the fight.
I have overcome my health issues thanks to prayers, perseverance and GOD!
But my finances are in bad shape and I need help to get my children back (wife kicked me out).
If you can help financially please click here. If money is tight, I'd still welcome prayers. Please.
Thank YOU and God Bless!
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!