The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is supposed to protect the public by regulating the Telecom Industry. Experts say they’ve done a lousy of job of this for a while now. Employees tend to go back and forth between working for the Telecoms and the FCC which is a big part of the problem.
This federal legislation eliminated local control and environmental review of harmful small cell technology installation. The Telecom Industry won’t testify that 5G is safe. In fact, no one will say it’s safe – except apparently FCC employees:
How’s that for loyalty!
Thanks to Scientists 4 Wired Tech for alerting us to an article about recently departed commissioner, Mignon Clyburn, and her new job lobbying for T-Mobile.
Sorry. No data so far.
Revolving door regulators in the telecom sector are certainly nothing new.
- Current FCC boss Ajit Pai previously worked for Verizon.
- Former FCC Commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker subsequently lobbied for both the wireless sector and Comcast.
- Former FCC boss Michael Powell is now the head of the NCTA, cable industry’s biggest lobbying organization.
- Former FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell was already on T-Mobile’s payroll, telling anybody who’ll listen the megadeal will be “great for America.”
Thomas Wheeler has been influencing communications policy in Washington for a long time, but always from the sidelines. He ran what was then the National Cable Television Association and then the Cellular Telephone Industry Association until he was driven out in House Majority Leader Tom De Lay’s purge of Democrats at trade associations. He was a top advisor for Vice President Al Gore and a key member of President Obama’s 2008 transition team. Now he is about to move to center stage as Obama’s pick to head the Federal Communications Commission.
Insurance companies haven’t been covering telecom companies for many years. Telecom companies have been warning shareholders for many years that eventually they may be held LIABLE for deceptive practices and harm from their devices and infrastructure.
It’s no wonder “Big Tech”/“Big Wireless” continues to be compared to “Big Tobacco” and “Big Oil.”
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Wireless Information Network
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- 5G Information
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- My Street, My Choice
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Our Town Our Choice
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence
- Wireless Right to Know
Courtesy of Activist Post
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!