You have to understand what is happening with Christianity in America. If you preach too much truth & gospel the American government comes down on you hard and this has created a new niche profession which we call “Prosperity Preachers.” The truth may set us free but it won’t protect biblical preachers from Uncle Sam and won’t be allowed, on a large scale in modern day America. It’s not much different than telling the truth and being censored versus parroting the government narrative and being left alone. You can no longer trust large news outlets, nor can you trust large ministries. They didn’t get large by telling truth. They became large by telling people what they wanted to hear. Sad but true.
But this is much more critical than fake news because they are not only messing with people’s lives on earth, they are lying to people about what it takes for their own salvation. Wake up folks. Please.
These are numbers from 2019 yet still quite interesting. Here are the 2019 estimated net worth values of some well known Christian “prosperity” preachers, from MoneyInc:
- Joel Osteen $40 Million
- Benny Hinn $42 Million
- Pat Robertson $100 Million
- TD Jakes $150 Million
- Kenneth Copeland $760 Million
Osteen is estimated 9th and Copeland 1st in this 2019 list of Prosperity Preachers. To see the entire top 10, with details, click here. I didn’t list them all because half are either foreign born, or simply unknown to me. Jesus’ material wealth by 2019 standards was considerably less than $40 million as a carpenter’s son. But He also gave us more than anyone on that list ever can or will. I’d bet my soul on that and am betting my soul on that. You can’t have Christianity without “Christ.” That’s a fact, but most everything else you will read will be my opinion.
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
I am not a preacher, nor am I without sin. But I write what I think God wants me to write and today I need to explain to you why I am OK being poor in material wealth and looking forward to the real riches of the heaven. I used to be wealthy by some people’s standards. Now I’m just another Christian worried about how I’m going to pay my next major expense. Are “prosperity” preachers really teaching us the truth? Or are they simply telling people what they want to hear while they continue to line their own pockets?
That is for you to decide but I follow Jesus. Was Jesus at all concerned about material wealth? I think you know the answer to that but FYI there are videos, which I consider false teachings, that tell you that Jesus wanted you to be materially wealthy on this earth. I’m serious but again, it’s your call. All I can do is offer my own opinions and try to help you see the world as I think it really is. Am I wrong? If so, it would not be the first time and will not be the last. 😉
A “real journalist” tries very hard to feature expert opinions and leave their own opinions out. I’m not good at that because obviously this whole article is supporting my opinion, but I also believe my opinion is truth. So just read on and watch some of the videos and learn what you want and will. I’m just trying to print and tell the truth as I see it.
Bible verses about the prosperity gospel
I hate the prosperity gospel! It is of the devil. It is not the gospel. It kills the gospel and it is sending millions to Hell. I’m tired of people pimping the gospel and selling lies. You are nothing and you have nothing apart from Jesus Christ. Many people only seek Christ for what He can give and not for Him. It was a bloody cross!
Repentance and faith in Christ results in sacrifice, a turning away from worldliness, taking up your cross, a denial of self, a harder life.
Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, T.D Jakes, Joyce Meyer, and Mike Murdock are working for Satan.
Even the devil can say a few biblical things, but these prosperity preachers are sending millions to Hell.
The people in their congregation don’t want God. They want the same thing that these false teachers want. I once heard a false prophet say, “if you just have faith God is going to give you a jet” and the whole crowd went wild. That is of the devil!
These preachers say you can speak things into existence such as wealth. If we read just a few verses in Scripture it won’t take long before you find out that the Word of Faith movement is a lie.
- “We are settling for a Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is actually about abandoning ourselves.” David Platt
- “Prosperity cannot be proof of Gods Favor for this is what the Devil promises to those who worship him” – John Piper
- “The prosperity gospel movement offers people the same thing the devil offers; they just do so in the name of Christ.” – John MacArthur
- “If material things are what you’re talking about when you say ‘I’m blessed’ then you have no idea what real blessings are.”
- “The early church was married to poverty, prisons, and persecutions. Today the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.” – Leonard Ravenhill.
Most of the time riches are a curse and not a blessing.
After all, the Bible says it is almost impossible for a rich man to enter into Heaven. Do you still desire to be rich? The desire to be rich will put you in a trap and the more you have it gets harder and harder to get out of. I might not be rich, but I am content with the little that I do have.
Just because you are in the ministry does not mean that God wants you to be rich. Just because people around you and even ministers around you are buying expensive cars does not mean you are to follow their lead. You are to follow Christ not things.
1. 1 Timothy 6:6-12 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
2. Matthew 19:21-23 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.”
Prosperity preachers prey on the weak.
These prosperity preachers are cold-hearted thieves. I don’t care how much you learned from them. They are scoundrels going to Hell. They steal from the poor and give vulnerable desperate people a false hope just to crush them. One time I heard a story about a woman who had a choice of either bringing her child to the doctor or to one of Benny Hinn’s healing crusades.
She chose Benny Hinn and the child ended up dying. Desperate vulnerable people gamble with everything and lose. Some people were going to be evicted and they gave their last $500 to these scoundrels and they lost that money and got evicted while people like Benny Hinn got richer and purchased million dollar homes. That is of the devil and it brings me to tears just to think about how cruel these people are.
What is even worse is that they turn people into atheists. These “come sow your seed with us” people are criminals. They even go to the poorest countries like Africa because people are vulnerable and they leave with fat pockets.
Before I was saved, I remember going to an event with my friend. At the event I heard fake testimonies of how people who gave received miraculous phone calls for $5000. The woman preacher said, “all that you have to do is eat a doughnut” and you will be healed. I noticed my friend’s mom and others pulling out checkbooks and money. The richer get richer and the poorer get poorer.
3. Jeremiah 23:30-31 So I, the LORD, affirm that I am opposed to those prophets who steal messages from one another that they claim are from me. I, the LORD, affirm that I am opposed to those prophets who are using their own tongues to declare, The LORD declares.
4. 2 Peter 2:14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed–an accursed brood!
5. Jeremiah 22:17 “But your eyes and your heart Are intent only upon your own dishonest gain, And on shedding innocent blood And on practicing oppression and extortion.”
Jesus is enough no matter what happens.
Christianity has been built on the blood of men. God allowed His most beloved children to suffer. John the Baptist, David Brainerd, Jim Elliot, Peter, etc. If you take away the suffering of the gospel it is no longer the gospel. I don’t want this prosperity trash. Jesus is enough in the pain.
When the worst possible event happens in our lives God’s true believers praise Him. When you find out that you have cancer Jesus is enough. When you find out that one of your children died in a terrible car accident Jesus is enough. When you just lost your job and the rent is due Jesus is enough. Though you slay me I will still praise you!
This Christian life is bloody and there are going to be a lot of tears. If you don’t want it hand over your badge! Some people are going to go to sleep hungry without shelter for the advancement of God’s Kingdom. This prosperity stuff is garbage.
That’s enough folks. If you want to read the entire article, please visit BibleRasons.com here.
One of my lifelong friends, Jim, is like most of us. He is not a reader as much as a listener and watcher. I’m learning Jim. 😉 So let’s throw out some videos on the same topic so everyone can give this some thought today.
I always loved Jimmy Swaggart and might find a few more I’d like to defend on these videos. But I’m human and they are too. There is no doubt in my mind that too many are interpreting The Bible to suit their own convenience and justify their own wants. Yes, I’ve done that myself MORE THAN ONCE.
We must realize that even our favorite preachers and televangelists are HUMAN and see the reality that they may be more sinful and misled than their followers. I’d suggest you pray for your favorite televangelists and realize they are in fact human.
I call myself a non-denominational Christian today and don’t attend Church a lot. I don’t belong to a Church right now but would like to find a GOOD one. But it won’t be a mega church teaching me that God wants me to be wealthy, because I’m smart enough to know that real wealth exists in heaven. It’s hard to argue that. Justify your wealth on this earth all you want but, if I’m right, the wealth that awaits me will make private jets and mansions pale in comparison.
I’m neither God nor the son of a carpenter, but the son of a carpenter taught me, the son of a spot welder, what true wealth is and I am thankful for that today and the real wealth that awaits me.
Thank You God today for the things that really matter. Thank YOU for 6 wonderful children that have slowly taught Dad what real wealth is.
Dean Garrison is the publisher of DC Clothesline and DC Dirty Laundry. Follow him on GAB, GETTR and Truth Social. He is permanently banned from Twitter and suspended, more often than NOT, from Facebook. LOL Please feel free to reprint this article in part or full. Dean is trying to resurrect his career after 2 years of blindness. His eyes are fixed but his web traffic and income are NOT. If you can help by sharing articles it would be much appreciated. Prayers are always appreciated too. If you can afford it, I would also be grateful for donations, large or small. I am blocked, because of politics, by ALL major donation websites. So if you have a donation please send it to me directly by snail mail: Dean Garrison, 109 Martha Street, DuBois, NE 68345. God Bless you ALL and God Bless America. We The People will win, or we will die trying!
More from Dean…
- Our Government Controls the Weather: YES I HAVE PROOF!!! …Now California, and ALL of Our West Coast, is Being Destroyed ON PURPOSE
- History Repeats: The 1918-19 Pandemic of “Spanish Flu” was Aided by MORE DEATHS Caused by TREATMENT
- VIDEOS: Released in 2004, This is Still The Top Grossing R-Rated Movie of All Time — Let’s Look at Some Bizarre, Little-Known FACTS That Happened During Filming and Prepare for the 2023 Sequel
- Videos: The REAL LIFE Discovery of Noah’s Ark in Modern Day Turkey. Fact or Fiction?
- The CENSORED TRUTH About America’s CHRISTIAN Heritage in the Words of Our Founders
- When Governments Play GOD: The TRUTH About GLOBAL GEOENGINEERING, Backed by FACTS
- Still Perfecting The Disease? Frightening Research Project Crosses Omicron and Original Wuhan Strain, Increasing Potency. Why?
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!