This post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds
Two days ago, I wrote a post on the disturbing phenomenon of Democrat elites undermining the United States’ rule of law by simply ignoring and defying whatever laws they choose. I gave two examples:
- Sanctuary states, cities and counties. For a list of those sanctuary jurisdictions, go here.
- 42 elected prosecutors — the chief law-enforcement officers of their states or counties — who signed a statement refusing to enforce any state laws restricting abortion. For their statement and a list of the names of the 11 attorney generals and 31 district attorneys, go here.
No doubt the reader knows of many other examples. This post is about a third example of lawless Democrats: U.S. diplomats’ disregard and outright defiance of the State Department’s directive not to display rainbow flags on flagpoles during Pride Month, which is June 2019.
Pride Month was formerly called Gay Pride Month. It’s been updated to LGBT Pride Month or just Pride Month. By the way, how come heterosexuals don’t have a Pride Month, not even a measley Pride Day?
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
The Obama administration had a blanket policy allowing U.S. Embassy buildings to fly the LGBT rainbow flag for pride celebrations as long as the rainbow flag was smaller and hung lower than the American flag.
However, three unnamed U.S. diplomats told NBC News that this year, embassies were told they can display the pride flag in other places, including inside embassies, but that requests to fly it on the flagpole must be specifically approved by Washington. No approvals have been granted. The denials came from the office of the State Department’s undersecretary for management, Brian Bulatao, a longtime associate of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
At the same time, however, the Trump administration has announced a campaign to decriminalize homosexuality overseas and President Trump himself issued a tweet and formal statement celebrating Pride Month:
As we celebrate LGBT Pride Month and recognize the outstanding contributions LGBT people have made to our great Nation, let us also stand in solidarity with the many LGBT people who live in dozens of countries worldwide that punish, imprison, or even execute individuals….
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 31, 2019
Talk about mixed signals.
The U.S. Embassy in Berlin is one of the embassies that have requested and been denied permission from the State Department to fly the pride flag on their flagpoles. The embassy’s leading diplomat, U.S. ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the most senior openly homosexual in Trump’s administration, finds the State Department’s denial particularly jarring because Grenell is spearheading the administration’s push to end the criminalization of homosexuality in roughly 70 countries that still outlaw it. Grenell, has secured support for that campaign from both Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.
- U.S. Embassy in Berlin, Germany: Ambassador Grenell said “a huge” “gay pride flag” will be hung on the side of the Embassy and his residence, and that “multiple” gay pride events will be hosted at the Embassy and the residence. Grenell himself will, once again and with pride, march in the Berlin Pride parade. Eembassy spokesman Joseph Giordono-Scholz said: “The pride flag will be on as many places as it can at the Embassy.”
- The embassy in Vienna flew a rainbow flag below the American flag on a pole hanging from the side of the embassy’s outer wall, as shown on its website.
- In Seoul, South Korea, a large rainbow banner is displayed on the side of the U.S. Embassy building.
- In Chennai, India, rainbow flags are prominently displayed on the sides of the U.S. Consulate buildings for Pride Month.
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!
Get Your DAILY DUH at Stupid Politics![wp-rss-aggregator feeds="136804" template="stupid-politics"]