The left is so threatened by history that they simply seek to destroy it so that it can be rewritten.
One of the big themes, over the last several years, has been demanding the removal of certain statues and monuments in that offend leftists.
A Virginia Judge has ruled that statues of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson will not suffer the same fate as many of America’s confederate monuments.
A judge in Charlottesville, Virginia has ruled the controversial statues to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee and Gen. Stonewall Jackson must stay.
More than two years after the Feb. 2017 vote by the Charlottesville City Council to remove the statue of Lee, which prompted a lawsuit against the city and was the impetus for what eventually became a deadly white nationalist rally, Circuit Court Judge Richard Moore ruled the memorials can’t be touched.
“Even though the city wants to remove the statues, the judge said it can’t,” said reporter Hawes Spencer, who was in the courtroom during Wednesday’s first day of the civil trial.
Virginia law bans the removal or movement of war memorials erected in a locality.
“The judge’s opinion was not about the propriety or the goodness of having the statues in the downtown area,” Spencer said. “The judge’s opinion was simply about the fact that Virginia law makes it illegal to move them or encroach upon them.”
Spencer said the judge said the statute preserving war memorials has been amended numerous times over the years, “and that the iteration of it now existing is more about historical preservation than anything else.”
In its defense, the city had argued preventing the removal of the statues violated the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment by sending a racist message to people of color.
The judge’s ruling “really took the rug out from under the city,” said Spencer.
The left seems quite intent on rewriting history.
- Texas Liberals Sign Petition to Remove ‘Racist’ George Washington Statue
- Communist Mayor Bill De Blasio Considers Removing Statue of Christopher Columbus
- University of Texas swiftly removes Confederate statue, other figures, under cover of darkness
- As Confederate Statues Come Down, DC Set to Erect 8ft Statue to Crack-Smoking Mayor
- The Altering of US History Against Tyranny Continues as Confederate Monuments are Removed
But the real danger seems not as much in what they are removing as in what they are endorsing and allowing.
- Satanists Target Christmas: Will Display Statue in Illinois State Capitol Building
- Satan comes to Arkansas: 8½-ft Baphomet statue unveiled in state capitol
- Liberal media promotes Satanists and Satanic Baphomet statue while attacking and ridiculing Christians
- Satanists want to build a 7-ft tall statue of Satan next to 10 Commandments
America is full of sick people who no longer think with any sort of logic.
Their minds are filled with sinful and shameful perversions.
At least the Virginia statues will stand, for now.
They preserve history as it happened whether an individual deems that history good or bad.
Censorship and removal are not a solution in a free society.
People are free to interpret as they would like.