A legal ban on eating dogs and cats in the UK has been blocked over fears it might offend people from South-East Asian countries.
After a bill was drawn up to make possession of dog or cat meat illegal in the UK, civil servants stepped in to halt the move.
Tory MP Giles Watling was later told that the main reason the Ministry of Justice blocked the bill was over fears it would be seen as “culturally insensitive” to dictate to other countries what they could eat, despite the fact that it would have no impact whatsoever on South-East Asian countries where dog and cat meat is consumed.
“Dogs are our companion animals. We do not eat them, and that is a very important message to send to the rest of the world,” said Watling.
“It’s not culturally insensitive because we’re not telling them what to do – we’re just telling them what we do,” he added, noting that he was “surprised” by the MoJ’s objection.
Around 30 million dogs are slaughtered and eaten in China, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia every single year. Many are skinned alive and suffer horrendous torture.
Sorry. No data so far.
Progressives claim every culture is equal and that we shouldn’t judge.
I say some cultures are better than others.
What do you think?
Courtesy of Prison Planet
Follow on Twitter: Follow @PrisonPlanet
My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.
Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.
More Political “Correctness”…
- HA! Political Correctness and Greed Just Cost Oberlin College AT LEAST $33.6 Million
- Leftists demand eliminating all Christian crosses from public view, claiming it “triggers” them… political correctness is now equivalent to Satanism
- Bloomberg: Political Correctness is a Tool of Conservatives Used to Oppress White Liberals
- The Politically Correct Western Media Keeps Covering Up Violent Attacks by Extremists
- Knitting site goes political, bans support of Trump, claims supporting him is White Supremacy
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!