(Natural News) The Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas is about to become the home base of yet another major corporation after Chicago-based Caterpillar announced plans to relocate its global headquarters out of Illinois.
Caterpillar already has a divisional office in Irving, a Dallas suburb, that will absorb the company’s headquarters. This marks the second major corporation in the last month to flee Chicago, the other being Boeing Co.’s global headquarters.
According to CEO Jim Umpleby, moving Caterpillar from Illinois to Texas is “in the best strategic interest of the company.” Since the 1960s, the heavy-machinery manufacturer has had a presence in Texas, and that presence is now expanding.
Even with the move, Illinois will still have the largest concentration of Caterpillar employees anywhere in the world. Before moving to the Chicago suburb of Deerfield in 2017, the company’s corporate headquarters was downstate in Peoria.
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
Umpleby added that Caterpillar’s corporate strategy includes “profitable growth” and helping customers “build a better, more sustainable world.”
Company spokeswoman Kate Kenny added in a statement that the move will mean relocating a majority of the roughly 230 employees who are based at the mining and construction equipment-maker’s Deerfield office.
The transition will begin this year, but based on the current leasing situation in Deerfield it will be tapered to “allow for an orderly and flexible transition for our employees,” Kenny revealed, adding that company leaders will be working with each employee individually.
“The global competitive and market environments we face as a company are always changing, and we continuously evaluate and update our global footprint, including office locations, to best serve our business and talent needs,” Kenny further said in an email to the Chicago Tribune.
As Chicago becomes increasingly unsafe and corrupt, more companies will flee
Chicago has rapidly become an unlivable, far-left hellhole, in many ways, which could explain why Caterpillar is moving its headquarters down south.
Public schoolchildren in the city who have dark skin are now being automatically awarded higher grades than children with light skin, all in an effort to pander to “Black Lives Matter” racism.
At one point, Chicago’s leadership actually threatened to bulldoze churches for refusing to shut down during all the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) plandemic hysteria.
Gun-related violence, much of it gang related, is also rampant throughout Chicago, making it an unsafe place to do business.
Back in 2018, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., which was also based in Deerfield, announced the closure of its corporate headquarters as well. There appears to be a trend of companies packing up and leaving the Chicagoland in pursuit of greener pastures.
Other companies that have left Chicago and Deerfield in recent years include insurance giant Allstate and health care company Baxter.
“This is kind of how things are now,” said Deerfield Mayor Daniel Shapiro.
“As we come out of the coronavirus pandemic, office demand is not what it was three years ago. People aren’t going to offices as frequently, so this is kind of what the market is doing.”
Caterpillar’s departure will reportedly be stretched over two years, allowing time for new tenants to be found to occupy the 100,000-square-foot space, Shapiro added.
“The Dallas metroplex has really emerged as a premier corporate headquarters location, and Caterpillar has had a large presence in Texas for many years, both manufacturing and office operations,” added John Boyd, principal of The Boyd Co., a national site selection firm, about how he is unsurprised that Caterpillar is moving to Texas.
According to Boyd, a lack of personal and corporate income taxes makes Texas a big draw, despite the state’s through-the-roof property taxes.
More related news stories can be found at GreaterTexan.com.
Sources for this article include:
- White House orders oil companies to fulfill “patriotic duty” by lowering gas prices and reducing profits (but Big Pharma and vaccine makers are never subjected to such demands)
- Lawsuit claiming heavy metals in baby food are causing autism and ADHD given green light to proceed
- Cattle deaths explained? NASA warns of deadly magnetosphere “rifts” that allow intense solar radiation to wipe out large numbers of animals on Earth
- “The Economy Is Going To Collapse” – Here Are 18 Signs That The Economic Meltdown We Have Been Waiting For Has Already Begun
- Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel Calls For ‘A Drag Queen For Every School’
From Our Sister Site – DC Clothesline
- Coincidence? Or NOT? 97 Fires Have Destroyed or Damaged U.S. Food Processing Plants Since Biden’s “Election”…Here’s the List
- WATCH: Dr. Jane Ruby offers fresh insights about self-assembling “clots” and “nanowires” found in fully vaccinated cadavers
- “Human guinea pig” injuries and deaths from COVID injections continue to mount
- Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche predicts rise of DEADLIER COVID variants targeting the vaccinated in the next two months
- FDA about to green-light mass murder of children under five with new covid “vaccine” authorization
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!
Get Your DAILY DUH at Stupid Politics![wp-rss-aggregator feeds="136804" template="stupid-politics"]