Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador rejected an offer from President Trump for U.S. military support in its efforts to combat drug cartels.
Trump offered to help Mexico “wipe” the drug cartels “off the face of the earth” after a Mormon family with American citizenship was ambushed in northern Mexico and brutally killed on Monday.
“This is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels,” Trump tweeted.
This is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth. We merely await a call from your great new president!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 5, 2019
Will the 2nd Amendment Be Destroyed By the Biden Admin?
López Obrador declined the offer during his daily press conference on Tuesday, saying, “it’s not in agreement with our convictions. The worst thing is war,” according to The Hill.
The Mexican president, who was inaugurated in December, campaigned on ending the long-running drug war. He has faced intense criticism from Mexico’s military after the release of Ovidio Guzmán López, the son of drug kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán. López Obrador said Guzmán’s release was necessary to save lives.
At least six children and three women of the LeBarón family were killed when their vehicles were ambushed on Monday, according to the family. The assailants shot and killed several of the victims, and others were trapped inside a burning vehicle.
Sorry. No data so far.
- A Drug Cartel Recently Defeated The Mexican Military in Battle — #BuildTheDAMNWall
- Mexican cartels operate “child recycling rings” to flood the U.S. with more migrants – and Democrats question the Trump administration’s “compassion?”
- “No Border Crisis” – Mexican Cartels Using Grenade Launchers Close to Texas Border
- Whistleblower Claims Tesla’s Nevada Plant Being Used by Mexican Cartels for Trafficking
- Donald Trump Vows To Defeat The Mexican Drug Cartel, And Makes This Declaration To All Americans: ‘We Will Break The Backs Of Criminal Cartels That Have Spread Across Our Nation.’
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!