The St. Louis Police Metropolitan Police Department recently fired two officers, Ronald Hasty and Thomas Mabrey, over Facebook posts. The two men are appealing the decision on First Amendment grounds. What did they post? See a sample below. (Mr. Hasty posted as “Ron Nighthawk.”)
No calls for violence, nothing illegal, no discussion of their jobs. Just memes.
Sorry. No data so far.
- Police Seize Washington Man’s Guns Using Red Flag Laws Over Satirical ‘Joker’ Meme
- Media BLACKOUT: If Senate Bill 1273 Passes You Could Be Fined $15,000 for Sharing Memes on Social Media
- VA Worker: 1-Posted Memes, 2- Got FBI Visit, 3- Sent to Psych Ward, 4-Lost 2A Rights, 5-May Be Fired
- Must See: The 15 Best Elizabeth Warren Memes
- The most hilarious memes mocking TIME’s fake news “screaming migrant girl” magazine cover
- Here Are The Best Al Franken Groping Memes
Courtesy of American Renaissance
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Dirty Laundry's daily briefing and do your own thinking!